With the recent announcement of Taiwan being Visa-Free starting this October 2017 for Philippine Passport holders, I guess this would be indeed very timely especially for tourists who are visiting Taiwan the first time 🙂 Here’s my version of DIY Itinerary for First Timers in Taiwan! Enjoy reading! 🙂
- 10:00pm ETD in Manila (but of course, there was a 2-hour delay in our flight. Thank you, Cebu Pacific! LOL!)
- 2:30am Arrival in Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
To spare ourselves some money, we opted to sleep in Taiwan Airport rather than checking in on a hotel at the wee hours of the morning. No need to worry as there are lounges and benches comfortable enough to spend a few hours before heading for the day.
- 7:00am Pick-up Wifi Router we availed through Klook in Unite Traveler which is inside Taoyuan Airport.
- 8:00am Go to Kuo-Kuang Motor Transport or Kuo-kuang Line. Take Bus 1819 to reach Taipei Main Station.
EasyCard can be bought on all 7/11’s and Hi-Life convenience stores. We bought ours in Hi-Life which is just inside Taoyuan Airport and nearest to the bus station.
EasyCard can be used for MRT’s, convenience stores, bus rides, taxi rides aaand a lot more 🙂
- 9:30am ETA @ TAIPEI MAIN STATION
- Taxi ride going to TAIPEI SUNNY HOSTEL and leave luggage at the lobby
You can read about Taipei Sunny Hostel from my recent article: It’s Always SUNNY (Hostel) in Taiwan
- 10:00am Walk from Taipei Sunny Hostel to 228 PEACE MEMORIAL PARK which is literally just across the street.
- 11:00am Walk to Ximen from 228 Peace Memorial Park and have brunch @ AY-CHUNG FLOUR RICE NOODLE
- 12:00nn Go to LONGSHAN TEMPLE. (Alight @ LongShan Station) or ride a taxi cab from Ximen.
- 1:00pm Go to SUN YAT SEN MEMORIAL HALL. Alight @ Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station
- 2:00pm Ride a cab to CHIANG KAI SHEK MEMORIAL HALL and watch the Changing of the Guards. Others said it is okay to walk but with the scorching heat of the sun. NEWP! Hahaha! Unfortunately, we were not able to see the changing of the guards. Next time! 🙂
- 3:30pm Take a cab and have snacks @ LIN DONG FANG. WUW sa snacks. Hahaha! Lin Dong Fang was said to have the best beef noodles in Taipei 🙂
- 4:00pm Go to TAIPEI 101 to view Sunset. Alight @ Taipei 101 Station. Since we are too tired, we rode a taxi cab again. Hahaha!
- 8:00pm Go to SHILIN NIGHT MARKET (Tamsui-Xinyi Line to Jiantan Station or Alight @ Shilin Station)
It is also recommended to try Stinky Tofu. I did not have a chance to, though! Again, there is always a next time <3
- 11:00pm Go back to hotel
- 6:00am WAKE-UP / Prepare
- 8:30am Go to TAIPEI WEST BUS STATION TERMINAL B (Ride KUO KUANG BUS 1815)
- 10:00am Arrival at YEHLIU GEOPARK
- 1:00pm Ride KEELUNG BUS 788 to JIUFEN. Right infront of Yehliu’s entrance, you can see the bus terminal going to Jiufen, Shifen, etc. I suggest that you buy snacks from 7/11 to fuel up for another set of walking! 🙂
- 3:00pm Arrival at JIUFEN Old Village
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, we were not able to go to Shifen to light up some sky lanterns. 🙁 to cut the story short, we missed the stop. HUHUHU! Again, next time! More and more reasons to come back! 🙂
- 5:00pm Since we missed the stop going to Shifen, we just opted to go to the Rainbow Bridge 🙂 (Alight @ ShonShan Station. Head where Raohe Night Market is.)
10:00pm Go back to hotel
- 6:00am WAKE-UP / PREPARE
- 9:00am Go to TAIPEI MAIN STATION. Alight @ TAIPEI ZOO station
- 10:00am Ride the MAOKONG GONDOLA
- 11:00am Eat at a cafe @ the last station of the Gondola ride
- 2:00pm Right outside the Cafe, wait for a PINK-colored bus which will be the main transportation going to Taipei Zoo. Actually, it will literally stop right infront of it 🙂 Super hassle free! 🙂
- 3:00pm Explore TAIPEI ZOO! Visit the Pandas! <3
- 5:00pm Go to Gudetama Cafe (Alight @ ZhongXiao Station and walk)
We went there to take photos! Yes, you read that right. Not eat. Just take photos — Karen and Melanie are obsessed. Haha! 🙂
- 5:30pm Go to HUASHAN 1914 Creative Park. Alight @ Zhong Xiao Xing Sheng MRT station. Take Exit 1 and walk straight until we see an underpass and a giant red diamond. It is across the street. But we opted to take a taxi cab because we were all too tired from all the walks we did since day 1. LOL!
Huashan 1914 Creative Park is a place where local vendors sell local goods. This is one of the places I loved in Taipei. 🙂 I was not able to take that much photos because I really enjoyed the every space we went in to. It actually inspired me, us 🙂
Weird as it may sound, nainggit kami na mukha siyang fresh and she looks like she really like and love what she’s doing 🙂 fuck corporate life! Welcome to the business world. Soon! We will be like her 😉 WATCH OUT FOR A.MARI SHOES COMING SOON! LOL. Shameless plugging. :p
- 7:00pm Go to Ximen Walker for last minute shopping of pasalubongssss.
- 9:00pm Go back to hotel and prepare for check-out
- 1:30am Take a bus from Taipei Main Station to Taoyuan Airport
- 3:10am Goodbye Taiwan! See you again very soooon! <3
Other Taiwan Articles:
Please follow and like my Social Media accounts:
Thank you for dropping by my page! Don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter for more updates <3